Saturday, September 20, 2008

you have to wait till you're 18. really?

no, not really. that's what i thought for the last 6 years of my life though. i have been constantly begging for pierced ears but always, my mom would refuse. she said i couldn't until i was 18 years old. and whenever i asked her why she would say: "because i want you to make sure you really want to put permanent holes in your ears". (sigh)
BUT THEN ONE DAY
in jazz choir, our teacher handed us (the girls) a gift. and what else would it be but earrings! and, of course, i was the only one without my ears pierced. and the earrings are gorgeous! they're long and silver and sooo cute!
so i get home and i'm begging my mommy again and showing her the earrings and she still won't budge. so i leave and she's talking to my dad.
when i come back, i'm like "daddy? what did she say?" and he was like "well, if you bring me a nail and a hammer, then yes, you can get your ears pierced." he thought he was pretty funny.
so finally i figure out that they're gonna let me and i'm ecstatic!
so on friday after school, we head over to a salon place to get them done. i chose little diamond (april's birthstone) and the lady gets out the gun. this is when i start getting a little freaked. she marks my ears and then shoots them. ow. they hurt. and stung. and were hot. and throbbed. but they were done!
and now i have cute little diamonds in my ears for 6 weeks! how EXCITING!
so if you want, you can buy me some earrings. :)

please don't buy me some like these. i just thought it looked kinda cool. and nasty at the same time.

2 comments:

  1. that picture makes me all grossed out. What if you had those then soapy pulled too hard on them and they ripped out? sick sick sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. um yeah. that would probably make me cry. a lot.
    but no worries, i won't have elephant tusks going through my ears (or whatever they are) :]

    ReplyDelete