Tuesday, December 7, 2010

A BYU Curse?

There are approximately 30 million students currently enrolled at BYU. I would say that at least 1/3 of them are either engages or married. Now you may be thinking that I'm going to talk about the curse that this is the "marriage school", FALSE.
The curse I am talking about is the one that affects pretty much all single female students here.
Scenario:
You walk into class and see an open seat by a really cute guy so you sit in it. You introduce yourself and you both start talking. He seems to be a great guy and so incredibly nice you can hardly believe it. Class ends and you are getting up to leave. That's when you notice his left hand. And the little band he has on his ring finger there. DANG IT.

This is the curse. It seems that anytime I meet or even see a cute guy I now automatically look to his left hand to see if I'm even allowed to be attracted to him. Darn you girls who got to them first.

8 comments:

  1. So Bryan wants to know if the guy sitting across from you in the library right now is married.

    ReplyDelete
  2. 30 million students at BYU??

    also, hahahahah!!! Yup, you are officially in the club.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know you've been studying a couple of mornings a week with a cute guy. And I've heard that a few people think you are "taken." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom: that's gross.

    Alison: don't flirt with guys. Aren't you supposed to stay like 12 years old forever?

    ReplyDelete
  5. katie: i believe so and he wasn't cute anyway.

    mom: that really is gross

    bryan: i am NOT 12!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's not a problem specific to BYU. It happened to me at Weber State long ago. Diamond rings on girls fingers are sometimes easier to spot than just a band.......Good luck. (from Dad).

    ReplyDelete
  7. lisa: uhhhh 30,000. oops. yeah whatever mcdonalds worker.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh. i thought I commented on this before. Here is what I meant to say: HAHAHAHAHAHA! I am excited to see you, Ali!

    ReplyDelete