Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Coulrophobia (REALLY not for the easily scared)

Definition of Coulrophobia: Fear of Clowns

Many people in this world are afraid of clowns. I happen to be one of those.
Now I'm not talking about "ooh oooh they're so scary!" type of afraid. I'm talking more the "Holy crackers get me out of this place my bladder is bursting!!!" type of afraid. Even seeing a creepy picture of a clown sends shivers up my entire body.
So to have my older brother, Bryan, scare the living daylights out of me with clown pictures was enough to send me over the edge:

a long long time ago i was telling my darling brother bryan about how i don't like clowns and how having a dream about one would scare me. he decided to plan out how my dream would commence. and this is how it went: "you are asleep. you wake up for some odd reason, so you are laying awake now. you see a shadow go by your window. 'that's strange' you think. so you close your eyes to try and fall asleep. you open them again because you feel a little thud. at the end of your bed you see a figure. yes, it's a little clown. 'hello,' says the clown 'my name is mr. marbles. catch the knife!' and that's the last thing you see." now imagine being a young innocent child and hearing this. yes, it scarred me.

AND SO...

around the year 2005, we were all living happily in our little townhouse. then one day, it all changed. bryan knew that alison did not like clowns, but decided to scare his darling little sister anyway. for those of you who know bryan well know that he is an exceptional artist. which can be both good and bad. in this case it was bad. bryan drew a creepily good picture of this fated mr. marbles and placed it under her blankets. so when dear alison pulled back the covers to get into bed, boy was she surprised when she saw a scary clown grinning evilly back at her. she grabbed the paper and tore it to bits crying the whole time and screaming. apparently not enough though. for alison's little brother decided to staple the picture back together which only made it that much more frightening. what evil brothers this poor alison has.

so all in all, clowns are not a good thing.


p.s. i was going to put up some pictures to illustrate why people should not like clowns but i think i am going to have nightmares from looking at them so i will not pass that on to others. i highly recommend NOT typing anything about clowns in google images unless you want nightmares.

THIS however, is hilarious and inspired this entire post.

2 comments:

  1. HAHAHAHAHA!!! This is such a sad story but so funny. Oh man, Mr. Marbles. That story will never get old.
    Love, Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really forgot about the story I told you. Man, I was such a mean older brother. But sometimes I was nice...right?

    ReplyDelete